AFA's AuD

Robert flyaway at ix.netcom.com
Wed Nov 27 15:42:17 EST 1996

I can understand your point Jeff, but I can't see as to why that is an
argument against the AFA's AuD. As I stated in an earlier post, there
will always be professionals in any area (MD's included) who will not
be current in technology. However, I am not going to let these people
hold me back. The AFA as I understand has developed or will develop a
way of weeding these people out if they are not appropriate candidates
for the AuD. Or at the very least they will require some sort of
continuing education to get these individuals current. Hey, there is
going to be lazy audiologists out there, but that does not mean that we
have to suffer for their inadequecies. There are not only people like
this in audiology, but in ALL professions.

Mike Iliff M.A. CF-A