a plea to discuss issues

mikey gandalf at infi.net
Wed Nov 27 19:21:45 EST 1996

Charles Harney <CharlesHarney at worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
<57ig9f$mbt at mtinsc01-mgt.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> I don't think Mikey is going to get much backing

I am not interested in "backing". For what?  By whom?  I'm not running for
anything.

because the "stuffed shirts" want to talk about
> issues that  can benefit themselves (by learning of the others
perspective/experiences) by
> contributing to their professionsal and personal growth. Now that may
sound corny but it's
> why alot of us key in to this newsgroup.

I don't think it sounds corny. That is an excellent purpose for this forum.
I don't think it is the only mode one can use, but certainly will listen to
anyone who wishes to advance that as an idea. It could even be debated. You
do not get from me the indication that I wish to quell others, but that is
what I get from others' reactions to me. This is my gripe. The implication
that diversity in audiological thought is somehow suspect. Folks who,
rightly, would not allow such a thing in ethnic concerns, have a rather
short view of diversity in intellectual venues.

>Personal attacks, especially of the sort used ,reflect on  the indivdual
who delivers them.

That is your opinion. I disagree. Personal attacks (which my words were
not, as I have nothing personal against anyone in this group) reflect on
the depth of feeling elicited. Such feelings have no inflective or visual
correlate in e-mail prose, therefore, strong imagery is useful to make a
point.
--
mikey (%^ )