binaural hearing data

Ille igebes at fbma.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 31 08:42:37 EST 1996

I am working on my PhD in biophysics. My field is binaural hearing. As I am
fascinated by the ***VERY*** little time differences the ear is able to
discern (in the order of us) I want to work on the fundamental strategies the
ear uses to code such tiny time structures.
For this work I need rows of action potentials from the auditory nerve, best
would be from both ears recorded at the same time after a stimulating signal.
Those rows of action potentials I´d need from different places: directly after
the hair cells, when the information of the right ear is on the right side and
vice versa, and from "higher centers", by which I mean places in the brain
where the information from the right and the left side has already met and got
preprocessed.
Can anybody supply me with such data or give me some hints about persons who
probably can ?

Ille