Screening infants

Jennifer Lantz, MS, CFY/A Jenn.the.audiologist at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 9 18:21:25 EST 1996

Susan,

Out of curiosity, how many babies are born each year at your hospital? At
UMC, we are doing universal screening as are some other hospitals in TX.
Our screening is performed on all newborn nursery babies and NICU
babies(rightt before discharge) using TEOAEs and ALGO ABR. Right now, our
 screening is all performed by the four audiologists working at UMC
(including myself). I am curious if any other places that are conducting
universal screening use only their audiologists or do they employ
screening personnel like the Rhode Island project.

Jennifer Lantz