Figure-Ground Deafness

Tue Sep 10 20:57:53 EST 1996

I am a Second Year Meical Student at Monash University in Melbourne,
Australia. I am currently doing an assignment on a child with
figure-ground deafness. I have been reliably informed that this is quite
a common condition, but none of the audiology textbooks I have consulted
mention it. I was hoping that someone could send me some solid medical
info on the pathology of this condition, or at least point me in the
right direction of other places I may find this detail.