Custom audiology test booth

CTB1954 ctb1954 at aol.com
Sun Sep 15 20:33:28 EST 1996

In article <19960912.083702.14126.1.Lobelle at juno.com>, lobelle at juno.com
(Don E Lobelle) writes:

>Due to space and financial constraints I am considering building a
>customized audiology test booth within a new office site in lieu of
>purchasing a manufactured booth (IAC etc.).

Don & bionet.audiology:

I used 3" Sonex over all the walls (plasterboard) and that worked very
well. Sonex on inside of door, overhung all door jams. Door was solid
wood. A special weatherstripping on door - doorjam contact. A gasketed
threshold mounted on flloor to meet bottom of door.  Double hung, double
gasketed Andersen windows worked reasonably well. Bought an IAC patch
panel.  The only unexpected source of noise was the Air Ventilation
system.  Had to install an external muffler. Problem solved. Saved about
$7,000 for size of booth.

Feel free to e-mail me directly if you want further input.

Craig T. Barth, M.A., CCC-A
Private PRactice, Morristown, NJ
a.k.a.   ctb1954 at aol.com