Tinnitus / TMJ / Nerve / Teeth Problem (fwd)

Jeffrey G. Sirianni sirianni at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Tue Sep 24 00:19:43 EST 1996

>This is a reply to Brian Newell, open to others.
>
>Brian:
>
>I would be sure the sound you suspect is coming from tensor typani and
>tensor palati spasum is not secondaraly opening the e-tube.  If this
>were the case, removing the muscle may actually make matters worse by
>changing the dynamics of E-tube opening.
>
>When you have the clicking noise and you hum, is your voice louder in
>the right ear (autophonia?)  Does your uvula move in sync. with the
>clicking sound?
>
>A second comment: assuming this sound is bearable, do you really want
>to risk surgery to test a hypothesis?  Assuming the sound is unbearable,
>see if your physician can document palatal myoclonus or an abnormally
>patent e-tube.  That would certainly help with the decision to try another
>surgery.

What about some sort of temporary immobilization of the tensor typani and
tensor palati via injection of a muscle immobilization substance?  Would
currare do the trick?  Am I on the wrong track here ?

Jeff

* Jeff Sirianni, M.A., CCC-A           *
* Sound Advice / R.G. Delaney, M.D.    *
* 710 Water Street / Suite 404         *
* Kerrville, TX  78028                 *
* (210) 896-1433                       *
* (210) 896-1440 FAX                   *
* sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu           *
* jgsaudio at aol.com                     *