Widex Senso Aids

Gary Gams Higgins at DEDOT.COM
Thu Sep 26 22:25:37 EST 1996

As a Resound user you will soon be able to use Resound with Noah...It
seems that Noah has reached enough Dispenser's to be a long lasting
product(?)...I'm no guru when it comes to computers, but we need
something to bring these technologies together... The market offers a
vast selection of products...In the past many Dispensers used one main
company for most of it's needs and there will always be those who prefer
that...I don't think we will grow as an industry without the ability to
experiment with new products to better help our patients and to be able
to switch instruments with a minimum amount of time...The experience is
too subjective to limit ourselves to 1 or 2 brands and it deprives our
patients of possible benefits...We have been successful with the
DigiFocus and look forward to much growth in what this instrument will
do in the future...With Oticon it’s not just the instrument but the way
they do business that helps make the difference…I can't speak about
Widex as I haven't fit any...I also believe that the instrument is only
a piece of the puzzle...Counseling as well educating our patients is
also essential to a successful fitting...Many manufacturers will offer
their software when a set # of aids is purchased…Your computer will be
as important as your audiometer and in many offices already is, and you
should consider the investment towards your office future growth...Could
Noah bomb...Sure...But it will be around long enough to make back your
investment...And most major manufactures are using Noah...Noah is not
the last word in software...no one can really be sure, but this post
should bring some opinion from the vast array of talent which often
visits this board...Just one Traditional Dispenser's opinion...GG

One last note…OARS which is an open operating system is another possible
option in the future…I’m not the right person to speak about this so if
someone could inform us I’d appreciate it…