Binaural pitch difference query

Grenner hos.grenner at
Tue Apr 8 23:33:28 EST 1997

Dear Vyt Karazija,

What you are describing is diplacusis. It is usually a sign of cochlear
hearing loss. Diplacusis occurs most frequently when the pressures of
inner ear fluids have changed. I suggest that you have an audiogram
to see if you have a low frequency sensorineural hearing loss.
If so, the condition may be self-limiting or fluctuating for long
Please see your ENT-doctor for advice.

Jan Grenner, physician in audiology
Malmoe, Sweden

More information about the Audiolog mailing list