programmable HA-moisture

John Richards JLFB63A at prodigy.com
Sat Apr 12 08:52:28 EST 1997

We have found that when moisture gets into the tub connected to the
earmold that the HA shuts off.  Sometimes it can be blown out then the HA
works again.  These HA's are Resound.  Our son likes the HA but it is
frustrating with the problems.  He has to use the remote which is not
designed for children.  If you are an Auidiologist please and have
clients who use the Resound please push this company to design their HA's
with children in mind.  Our son has a severe-profound hearing loss and we
are looking for another pair of hearing aids Not Resound- any suggestions.
  Programmable HA's that do better with moisture.  Our son is very active
in sports and needs to hear.