A Burning Question

Kdigiovani kdigiovani at aol.com
Sat Apr 26 06:34:32 EST 1997

Thank you for your insightful description of ear candleing.  I too have
come across a couple patients who mentioned to me they have had this
procedure done and one who swears its the best way to remove cerumen.
Unfortunately, I have not pursued seeking out information on this subject,
so I am not going to be of much help to you.

Having met two people who admitted to having this procedure done, neither
gave me very detailed information, other than "a candle was placed near my
ear creating a vacuum".   None of these patients have ever commented that
the procedure is also a cure for tinnitus and hearing loss.They reportedly
were never injured. Other than that, I have no other information.
Your letter has sparked my interest in this topic and I do hope you and I
could get some answers.