Severe hearing loss/autism: How to treat?

Shelly Bower bower at
Mon Aug 11 14:47:18 EST 1997

I'm afraid you are going to treat the hearing loss separately from the
Autism.  Hearing loss is not a symptom in Autism (although auditory
comphrehension problems are typical)  and while I'm sure there are
other autistic people who suffer from hearing loss, it probably is not
common.    I suggest you try posting this to bit.listserv.autism which
is a newsgroup.  There may be someone there who can help.

Bower at