Request for Information on ABR studies

Dave & Kay dpowell at cyberstation.net
Sun Feb 2 11:48:29 EST 1997

I maintain a web site for parents of hearing impaired children. I just
got a request for information that I thought might be better answered by
this newsgroup.

"Do you know of any ABR study material on the net? I also need to
know if for children when doing the above study would one test with
clicks or bursts to rule out a hearing loss?"

All I could give him was some basic audiology links (including one for
the archives of this newsgroup) and this line from by son's medical
records "BSER - Neg. Polout(?) click 150-1500 Hz"

Which brings up a question I've always had. Is there any difference
between a BSER and an ABR?

Thank you for any information you may be able to provide!
Kay Powell
--

         .==,_
        .===,_`\