Intraoperative Monitoring

Jerald & Rachel Lamb J_RLamb at MSN.COM
Sat Feb 1 23:43:09 EST 1997

I am an audiologist in Abilene, Texas.  I am currently being trained to
perform SEPs in the OR.  I am enjoying the experience, but have a few
questions.  1) Is this really in our scope of practice?  I know we perform
ENoG, but the nerves I'm stimulating I didn't study in grad school.   2) How
many other aud's are performing these procedures?  3) Will this enhance my
resume? -- I'm inclined to think it will, but just curious about other
opinions.

If this is in our scope, shouldn't more grad schools provide training (mine
didn't).  I guess I'm just throwing it out for discussion.  I actually enjoy
IOM, but mainly because I get to watch neuro-surgery.

Rachel Lamb