Help

zipjack bebb at ix.netcom.com
Sun Feb 2 17:49:53 EST 1997

"Mark Monroe" <mmonroe at nemonet.com> wrote:

>I am going to graduate in may with a masters in audiology and I am having
>trouble
>finding listings of job openings.  can anyone offer any information?
>It would be very helpful.
>mark

Hey Mark. The way I found my C.F.Y was I called all the hearing aid
company reps for the areas I wished to work in, and let them know I
was looking...asked if they knew of any openings. Allthough nothing
had a straightforward vacancy, 2 months after a particular contact was
set up I was offered a job after all the employees quit. One piece of
advice: if you get a contact, don't wait! I have given out great
contact names to friends who failed to follow up in a timely manner,
and someone else took jobs they could have contended for. Also, always
write a followup note to thank the contact, reminding them of your
conversation, and the referral source. It works! Same goes for
interviews, but you probably know that anyway. Good luck! Kate