Intraoperative Monitoring

Cmerican cmerican at aol.com
Tue Feb 11 21:35:11 EST 1997

I am a clinincal neurophysiologist in Phoenix, Arizona.  No, Rachel, you
do not belong in the OR.
Even if it is "fun" to watch neurosurgery.
Get out before you get yourself sued.  You are a liability, and dangerous
to your patients.  Get specialized training in neuroanesthesia,
neurophysiology, and functional neuroanatomy.  Take the C.N.I.M. exam
(Certification for Intraoperative Neurophysiologic Monitoring) available
from A.B.R.E.T. (Association and Board of Registerd Electroneurodiagnostic
Technologists) ask the folks who sold you the equipment where to register.
Let's get you proficient before anyone gets hurt.