Intraoperative Monitoring

Eric J Stenersen, BC-HIS ejsbchis at noln.com
Fri Feb 14 05:23:08 EST 1997

zipjack wrote:

> cmerican at aol.com (Cmerican) wrote:
>
> >I am a clinincal neurophysiologist in Phoenix, Arizona.  No, Rachel, you
> >do not belong in the OR.
> >Even if it is "fun" to watch neurosurgery.
> >Get out before you get yourself sued.  You are a liability, and dangerous
> >to your patients.
>
> As an Audiologist, I agree with this one.
> I know people just out of school who are doing this kind of work, and
> the ramifications of our narrow and perfunctory training will be most
> painfully obvious in the OR.
> ABR yes, Intraoperative monitoring, no.
> CJS
>
> ps...any thoughts on this....anyone?
Hi All

I am "just" a hearing aid dispenser. I have a very good relationship
with an ENT in town and he allows me to occasionally OBSERVE ENT
procedures (typanoplasty, etc.) I touch nothing. I just look as he
explains whats going on. To me, it is very interesting, but I would not
dare touch any instruments, even if asked. My realm of expertise stops
after testing, earmold impression taking and the fitting of hearing
aids.

Have a nice day,

Eric J Stenersen, BC-HIS