earmold irritation

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at HCTC.NET
Thu Feb 27 00:24:06 EST 1997

tjdiesel at ix.netcom.com (T. J. Diesel) wrote:

>I have a hearing aid which works okay, but I can only wear it for about
>an hour because the plastic earmold causes itching. Does anybody know
>of a remedy for this irritation? The earmold is made from the "least
>irritating" kind of plastic.

If you have a silicon, hypoallergetic earmold and still experience
itching, you may want to look for a lotion that helps with itching
caused by earmolds.  I often give a sample of Eargene (from Hal-Hen)
and this usually help.  Contact your audiologist or dispenserr and
see if he or she carries this product.