Warranty programs

HearWHAC hearwhac at netins.net
Thu Feb 27 01:13:19 EST 1997

Gary & Anne Gams wrote:
> After factory warranties run out
> we offer Esco insurance for L&D if they wish.

I consider Esco a win/win/win/LOSE form of insurance. Not really a good
deal! Yes, Esco wins! Yes, the manufacturer wins! Yes, the patient wins!
But the audiologist/dispenser loses! (Ever check to see what you are
paid when your patient receives a replacement aid for a five year old
hearing aid that is lost? Not exactly a "win" situation! And you get to
take care of it for another five years! Oh well, you didn't want a raise
in pay anyway!)

We recommend - in writing - to our patients that they let us call their
personal insurance agent before they leave our office to insure their
new hearing aids with L&D insurance. It costs them less! They get better
coverage! They get it from their personal insurance person where they
have all their other insurance. And it is win/win/win/WIN!

Paul Woodard ;-)