hearing aids

Glen R. Meier gtniowa at netins.net
Fri Feb 28 19:44:37 EST 1997

Eric J Stenersen writes:

> HEARING AIDS ARE MADE FROM COMPONENTS MADE BY 2-3 SUPPLIERS WORLDWIDE!

I am sorry, but that information is just plain wrong Eric.  While some
parts are patented technology and therefore almost exclusively
manufactured by a single company, many other parts are very different
and brand specific.  You also fail to consider that even if all parts
are the same, the ability to integrate and combine these parts is very
different and also brand specific.  This kind of false information is
harmful to the profession and I am quite surprised that you are
promoting this kind of thinking.  There are many things that go into a
succesful fitting (including the other things that you mentioned), and
to not factor in the variations of the different manufacturers is to
ignore a very critical variable.  If you honestly believe your
statement, I would suggest you hop on a plane to Minneapolis and visit
some of the many companies there to see the difference for yourself.

Glen R. Meier
gtniowa at netins.net