Ear Drums Blown in War??

bradley at audio.hhcru.uwo.ca bradley at audio.hhcru.uwo.ca
Tue Jan 21 12:31:10 EST 1997

Hi!!

I am responding to your inquiry concerning your father's ear drums. I am not a
"professional" audiologist as of yet, but I am currently in the final year of a
graduate program and do have access to "professional" opinions. Before I can answer
your question, however, I need to ask you a few more questions to get a complete
case history. (1)  What led your father to believe that his ear drums were blown
out. i.e physical evidence such as bleeding from the ear canal, pain etc (2) Did
your father wear hearing protection during the war. (3) Does he have any records of
his hearing prior to the war and post war and what do they say? (4) Can you describe
his hearing sensitivity presently (i.e. describe his audiogram?).