Job Available

HearWHAC hearwhac at netins.net
Tue Jan 21 10:10:46 EST 1997

gt wrote:
> Are you an audiologist Mikey???
> When I searched for your name on the ASHA membership directory under
> audiologists, it could not find anything even close to a match.  I noticed
> that you did use the title audiologist after your name.

What does the "ASHA membership directory" have to do with being an
"audiologist"?

Wouldn't it be more logical to search the Virginia directory of
state-licensed audiologists? Or, if Virginia does not license
audiologists, then couldn't anyone call themselves an audiologist there?
(This point needs clarification. Anyone?) This sort of thing would come
under state and federal laws, not the by-laws of a private association.

I see ASHA as being a professional association that some, but not all,
audiologists belong to, no different than being a member of AAA or ADA.
By not being in the ASHA membership directory, that would simply mean
that Mikey is not a member of ASHA, not an unheard of thing! In fact,
some of us might even congratulate Mikey for that! <g>

Paul Woodard ;-)
Des Moines, IA USA