Tinnitus Question

Stephanie Lleonart slleonartm at vision.net.au
Mon Jan 20 19:27:04 EST 1997

I recently saw a client who had tinnitus mainly in his left ear. He had a
significant hearing loss noise induced. What I found interesting was that
he stated that since October he finds that if he climbs stairs his
tinnitus becomes very intense, he described it as a screaming pitch
lasting for a few minutes. He finds this also occurs if he goes up
escalators as well. It does not occur when he is in a car going up
mountains. He has had tinnitus for more than 10 years but has only
recently has experienced this.

Any ideas what would cause this?

Thanks,

Stephanie Lleonart