licensure questions

Charles Michel cmichel at NETUSA1.NET
Tue Jan 21 21:01:09 EST 1997

Hello!

I am a CFY audiologist in Indiana and I have a few questions about
licensure.

1.  Do I need to be a member of ASHA in order to get my C's?  Can I pay
for licensure without paying for membership? $249 seems like a whole
lotta money for a whole lotta nuthin'.  What do I get out of being a
member of ASHA?

2.  I think that in Indiana it is mandatory that I have my C's whether I
use them or not.  Is this true?

3.  Is the American Academy of Audiology or the Academy of Dispensing
Audiologists offering any kind of certification or licensure that is
acceptable in Indiana instead of ASHA's C's?

Any help, direction, or guidance is appreciated.  There's probably a few
other CFYs out there with the same questions, so please post all replies.
 Thanks.

Diana Sowers
Audiologist