Job Available

mikey gandalf at infi.net
Wed Jan 22 19:01:24 EST 1997

 you know, Glen, I've sent a lot of money to ASHA to pay for you
> audiologist's CCC's. But in all honesty, I regard the CCC's to be a
> consumer fraud (no continuing requirement of any kind to prove ongoing
> competency) and a "crutch" for the audiologist's lack of self-esteem. I
> believe you'd do just as well in life without the C's. Maybe Mikey will
> tell us how he is doing.

I have a very nice CCC certificate hanging on my wall. I paid for it for 13
years.
When I went into pirate practice (oops, I meant private practice), I
forewent paying ASHA fees.
No one came and took it off the wall. No one has ever asked me if I have
it. It is a nice certificate which fits on the wall between my FAAA and
certificate from the AAS, under my two state licenses and above the CAOHC
Course Director's Certificate.
 It provides a well needed balance to the symmetry of the wall.

The CCC exam is recognized by Virginia for licensure, or one can take the
Commonwealth's own test (the same test as the CCC exam).

I'm not a big believer in evaluating ongoing competency. I believe the
marketplace will weed out incompetents. Other than that, I agree with Paul.

--
mikey (%^ )

BTW, did anyone see the pic of Dybala in the latest Advance? He writes
about the 'net and such. Good job. (But gosh, is he young!).