ear plugs

gt gtniowa at netins.net
Mon Jan 27 12:31:36 EST 1997

Try Westone.  I have fit musicians with various types and styles and
Westone was very accomodating to the different needs.  A good way to get
color and protection for a musician while still keeping the price down is
to use a standard headphone earbud (ex..sony) and have Westone make a
colored mold that the ear bud would be glued into.  If you send the ear bud
in with the order, they will custom make it for you so that you dont have
to do the custom drilling etc...  If you go with a soft material and a
longer canal, you can reduce the occlusion effect that many singers
complain about.  I will warn you that musicians can be very exacting about
the sound that they want to hear, so be prepared to do some modification.

Good luck!
Glen R. Meier/gt
gtniowa at netins.net