Job Available

DZAPALA dzapala at aol.com
Wed Jan 29 04:04:48 EST 1997

I'd like to suggest something to all who have posted here.  I have a
friend who is a Fellow in the American College of Surgeons.  Unlike ASHA
with the CCC, or AAA, with their fellow status, my friend had to take an
oath before she obtained "Fellow" Status from ACS.  The oath, which was
posted on her office wall with a mass of diplomas etc... was the only
document that impressed me.  It said in effect "I pledge to work in the
best interests of my patients and my profession, I will work hard to
advance the skill and art of ..., and willingly share this information
with my collegues, whom I will always respect."   Now taking an oath seems
out of place these days.  But its got me thinking.......

Just a thought.

Best Wishes
David Zapala