Hearing aid hears theft detectors?

Jim Lellman lellman at daugherty.com
Thu Jul 3 15:21:51 EST 1997

I apologize if this subject has been beaten to death here.
I'm new to this newsgroup, and my ISP doesn't even carry it.

Apparently more stores are using those little labels and the detectors
at the doorway.  My son wears a hearing aid with a bone vibrator.
He can "hear" the detectors at the doorway when he walks by them.
Some are so loud that they cause him pain.  He has mystied more than
one store manager when he told them that their antitheft detectors
were not turned on.

My question is, is this a common occurance?  I don't know if it's
the hearing aid proper, or the bone transducer that's picking it up.

--
Jim Lellman
lellman at hotmail.com
See my web page www.angelfire.com/biz/hotw for hearing aid batteries