Hearing aid hears theft detectors?

Sandra and Dan Hobson danhobson at netins.net
Mon Jul 7 21:55:24 EST 1997

I have worn hearing aids over 30 years and also have had the unsettling
experience of picking up Transmissions in airports and certain "secured"
buildings ... more so when I have worn BTE's with a T-coil or a
programmable.  One theory proposed was the oscillations of the security
system is what my circuits were picking up. Sometimes fluorescent light can
be an interference. Generally I haven't had too much trouble with the
magnetic security systems though on occassion they do react.   On the whole
I haven't worried about it, and take notes when my clients report it
happening to them and where.

Sandra Hobson