SCAN tests

Andrew J. Fallon afallon at
Mon Jul 14 12:07:50 EST 1997

	SCAN stands for Screening Test for Auditory Processing Disorders.
It was developed back in 1986 by keith, takes about 20 minutes to
perform, appropriate for ages 3 to 11 and is composed of 3 subtests;
1)Filtered Speech, 2) Auditory Figure-Ground, 3) Competing Messages.

Hope this helped you out some.

Richard Wicentowski wrote:
> Hi.  I recently read about a test for CAPD in small children called the
> SCAN test.  What does SCAN stand for?  I've looked everywhere, but it
> seems people just assume that I'll know what it means.
> Thanks!
> Richard Wicentowski
> richardw at
>     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

Andrew J. Fallon | Each Day I Beat my  own
afallon at  | previous record for the
L.U. Grad School | number of consecutive days
Beaumont, Texas  | I've stayed alive. G. Carlin