New Aud Dilemna Thank You

Oregon7 oregon7 at aol.com
Sun Jul 20 11:38:21 EST 1997

Thanks for the many many responses, which continue to come in.

I decided to forgo the pleasure of working for the individual that was
described in my post.  I received confirming information from a colleague
who reported behavior she had witnessed that fell far outside the
boundaries of ethical business practices.

At this point I plan to open a private practice with 2 other audiologists
in the area, concentrate on building the business with audiology and
hearing aid sales.  Any advice on how to find and attract hearing aid
clients would be most appreciated.  We are considering various forms of
advertising, outreach, education, etc.  What is the best and most ethical
way to reach the community?

BTW, my partners will concentrate on h aid sales and I am considering
pursuing a pediatric practice.  Any suggestions for building up a child
practice in audiology?  Or helpful hints to be successful at testing...I
did spend 6 months in my CFY working at a child diagnostic facility with
audiology and do enjoy working with children.

Thanks, again.  I was pleased to receive so much wonderful advice from new
friends.

MJ, M.S., CCC-A