Startle Response in Bats

HARRY R. ERWIN herwin at osf1.gmu.edu
Tue Jul 29 07:39:04 EST 1997

Has anyone studied the acoustic startle response in bats? I'm trying to
calibrate a sensorimotor model of an echolocating bat capturing a target,
and I'm trying to define a reasonable lower bound for the bat's reaction
time during the terminal phase. One of the postdocs in the lab mentioned
that 20 msec for the acoustic startle response has been measured in some
mammals, and I'm trying to track down the literature.

--
Harry Erwin, Internet: herwin at gmu.edu,
Web Page: http://osf1.gmu.edu/~herwin