SPORTS TRAPSHOOTING AND ...

Michele Elkin elkinm at DGABBY.MFLDCLIN.EDU
Fri Jun 6 10:57:52 EST 1997

I have recently been asked a question by one of our ob/gyn physicians that I
was wondering if anyone might know the answer to:

He has a patient that is expecting a child.  Patient is a trapshooter.
Should we be concerned that the loud noise exposure is damaging the baby's
hearing??

I don't recall reading any articles on this but it seems like a logical
question with our knowledge on hearing in the mother's womb.  Any info would
be appreciated!!

Michele Elkin, M.A.
Marshfield Clinic- Chippewa Center