Exclusionary contracts

zip at jack.com zip at jack.com
Wed Jun 11 21:02:10 EST 1997

Does anyone out there know if contractual requirements that an
employee not seek new work in Audiology within X# mile radius
are legal?
Obviously, a lawyer could best answer my question, but please reply if
you've had any experience.
In the past, one of my former bosses made such an exclusion part of
our contract, but she violated her side of the contract many times, in
terms of work availiable, vacation, salary, and a bonus that was never
given, despite consistent performance, no abscences, and many sales on
my part.
I cut my losses and left without taking legal action, but wonder if
she has legal recourse, should I decide to work for her competition.

Thanks,

Reply to: bebb at ix.netcom.com