CPT codes used for surgical monitoring

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at HCTC.NET
Thu Jun 12 01:02:06 EST 1997

David Coffin <audiologists at juno.com> (Birmingham Otology) writes:

>I am in need of the CPT codes and charges that are commonly associated
>with VIII nerve monitoring with ABR during removal of an acoustic
>neuroma. Any assistance is appreciated.

I'm glad you brought up this point.  I would like to know how others
bill for the Dix-Hallpike Procedure, specifically, which CPT code(s)
does one use and does Medicare cover this code.  As the CPT codes are
recognized as universal and accepted public knowledge, please enclose
Medicare and suggested private pay pricing.

Jeff