starkey cic's

RSiegel663 rsiegel663 at aol.com
Fri Jun 13 19:27:11 EST 1997

Sorry it took so long to respond.  I was away from my computer.

Adjusting the pots on the computer screen shows you what the ideal aid
adjustments should do, not what is really happening in your ears.

You need nto be connected to both a real ear measurement system AND
the programmer to see if the idealized version and real ear are close, the
same, or at opposite ends of the ballpark.  I have seen, on occasion,
resonances caused by slit vents or other interactions with the ear,
response curves that don't look like the aid is for the same person I am
working with.  If you have the tools, use them.

The microphone position or appearance should not have a major effect on
the function of the aid.  Quite often it is based on the shape of the
canal and the relationship of the components in the aid.  Too close and
they interact with each other rather han do the job they are supposed to.

The battery should rub on the contact to scratch through any oxidation on
the battery surface and create a solid contact for consistant power to the
system.
(as long as it works it's ok???Hmmm, very technical answer!)

The cloudy appearance in the shell is caused by internal shell
modifications,  i.e. drill bit burr marks, to give components better
clearance for proper positioning.

Hpoe thhis helps
Bob Siegel, M.S. CCC-A, BC-HIS