Unitron US80 FM boots

Dana Zuller zuller at ARGOSCOMP.COM
Mon Jun 16 08:09:13 EST 1997

To Jeffrey and Lois,
	Thank you for your reply to my query about the Unitron US80 FM boots.
Lois, it is interesting that you brought up Phonak and their
FM boots.
	As mentioned in my first message, I am the parent of a 7 year-old
boy with a severe to profound hearing loss. In fact, his Unitron US80
Sigma programmable aids are now over 3 years old.  We found out that
his model his NOT compatible with the new FM boots, that we would have
to convert his aids at a cost of almost $100 apiece.
	Our audiologist isn't encouraging us to put more money into
the aids; she also likes the Phonak aids and told us about their
FM boots.
	I don't know about the reliability of Phonak aids on kids -
the Unitrons have been very reliable.
	There is also the question of how sturdy any of these FM
boots are.

	I look forward to reading your input on this.

	- Dana Zuller