hearing aid for dog

M. Stephens mstephn at BLUE.WEEG.UIOWA.EDU
Tue Jun 17 20:12:22 EST 1997

Some years ago I fit a custom aid to a dog.  She could localize unaided at
50-60 dB, with the aid at 20-25.  The only problem was she wouldn't leave
the aid in her ear.  The aid was made by either Argosy or Starkey, I can't
remember which just now.  You need to find a cooperative audiologist since
making an ear impression may be a trick.  There is also someone who has
arranged hearing aids on dogs and has advertised in some of the pet
journals--or did at one time.
Myrna Stephens