The New Resound Aids

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at HCTC.NET
Wed Jun 18 00:56:30 EST 1997

rsiegel663 at aol.com (RSiegel663) replies:

>units may be too mild for your loss. But don't just accept this as gospel
>call a dis pensing facility that works with them. Also, there are now
>other options for you in the hybrid and digital circuits.

>Check out the Starkey A675 Sequel or Widex Senso C-18 as well.

I agree.  The model designed for such a profound loss is the BTP.
There is nothing new about the BTP, although there is some new
design with the canal aids (IC4) and the new mild to moderate BTE
(BT4) that being what ReSound calls "Cochlear Dynamics", which is
only a catchy name for a circuit with smaller step sizes in
adjusting the cross-over frequency for a two channel instrument.

The BTP's have been around for around 3 years and the basic design
has not changed significantly in that time.

I have a new patient in the BTP's whose thresholds are in the 80's
and 90's, although he is aware that we may have to try something else
as he has worn linear aids for the last 40 years.

Be sure that you have the option to return the ReSound devices if
you do not like them in order to try some other type of device like
the ones mentioned above.

Good Luck...