New Hearing Aids

parker at airmail.net parker at airmail.net
Mon Jun 23 00:21:23 EST 1997

I've been wearing Starkey Tympanettes (cic) for about 3 years
and I've decided to buy new hearing aids. I'm having a hard
time hearing speech at the office and on TV. I'm considering
the ReSound IC4, Widex Senso, and possibly a Phonak model. Can
anyone tell me about these models, where can I get information
on them and do you have any recommendations to pass on? My
audiologist is suggesting the Resound IC4 for a trial while
we wait for feedback (no pun) on the Widex Senso coming in July.
 I'm looking for the best aid available. I used to doing comparisions
when buying cars, stereo equipment, etc and I would like to
compare performence between these aids too.
Thanks in advance, Terry Parker.
P.S. I was quoted $4200 for the ReSound and $5300 for the Widex.
Do these prices seem resonable or can I find better prices else-
where?