Unitron US80 FM boots

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at HCTC.NET
Wed Jun 25 22:34:06 EST 1997

w874 at aol.com (W874) writes:

>I must have missed the beginning of this thread . . .

>What exactly are FM boots ?

>Do they take the place of an FM unit connected with regular boots ?

>My son uses Unitron UM60PP with a Phonic Ear FM System.

The FM boot is a new product on the market.  Unitron and AVR
Sonovation have jointly developed a product marketed as a joint
company called Unicom.  Phonak has also developed a product,
marketed as the Microlink.

An FM boot is simply an FM receiver, in the form of a hearing aid
boot, but is wireless and does not incorporate a traditonal receiver.
The boot itself receives the FM signal from the transmitter and
provides the signal directly to the hearing aid when the hearing aid
switch is set in the appropriate mode.