Signing off

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at HCTC.NET
Thu Jun 26 22:05:45 EST 1997

parker at airmail.net writes:

>Well, I'm completely turned off to this group. Don't get me wrong
>the contributors are great but the 'so called' administrators
>are a bit out of touch I believe. Reminds me of elementary school!
>I refuse to support or contribute to such a censored forum.
>Signing off.

I'll keep this short and simple.

The reason Susan and I are considering going to a moderated format
is for one reason, and one reason only: To keep non-audiology spam posts
out of the newsgroup.  If participants want to drag out discussions to a
point where we don't remember what the original question was (ie. the
impedence topic) can do so, because we don't really care.

Let me explain why the BIOSCI/BIONET administration is coming from:

The BIOSCI realm on USENET is funded by a governmental grant to exchange
of scientific ideas.  Part of the grant prohibits the use of the newsgroup
realm to market commerical products.  Solicitation by manufacturers goes
against the bylaws established by the agency funding the grant.

>P.S. Thanks to all who have given their opinions and information
>freely and unconditionally. You'll be missed.

BYE !!!!