(none)

Fang Ying yfang at BIOSER.BIO.USTC.EDU.CN
Sun Mar 2 22:31:14 EST 1997

How to measure the acoustic impedance?

In an airtight unyielding cavity, for a certain tone, the sound pressure
is in inverse proportion to the volume. After we detect the sound pressure,
if compared with a standardized cavity, in which the sound pressure is known,
we can get the volume of the former cavity.

In an airtight ear canal, only the tympanic membrane is moveable, so
the sound pressure will change with the compliance of the tympanic
membrane. If we get the sound pressure, we can also get the compliance,
which can be expressed by volume.

I can design a device which can detect the sound pressure, but HOW TO
CALCULATE THE COMPLIANCE? HOW CAN I KNOW THE STANDARDIZED CAVITY?