Sound localization

DZAPALA dzapala at aol.com
Mon Mar 3 03:24:31 EST 1997

You may also look in JASA. There are several germinal papers between 1950
and 1970 on a topic called "Time-Intensity trading".  The long and short
of it is that, to some extent,  Intensity cues are timing cues.  The more
intense the stimulus the larger the basalward spread of excitation along
the cochlear partition.  Basalward activity occurs earlier in time and
thus time and intensity cues are not entirely independent.

I hope this helps.  I may be suggesting a topic you have aleardy
considered.

David Zapala