Otoacoustic recommendations

ddempesy at aol.com ddempesy at aol.com
Tue Mar 4 08:44:05 EST 1997

SonaMed Corp produces the Clarity system. I have used it extensively - It combines DPOAEs and ABR in a screening mode that can be used by an audiologist or technician. And it has ABR and DPOAE diagnostic capabilities as well. For the moment the ABR output is limited to approc 60dB L but it is a WONDERFUL unit. Software driven and complete user friendly. Have been using it to screen babies and then perform diagnostic tests right on the spot - very fast. Very easy. Combines features not available elsewhere. Also the only unit I am aware of that
measures the actual output of the probe tone in the ear canal - adjusting for size.

CONTACT: SonaMed Corp
                 68 Harvard St
                Brookline MA 02146
                888-766-2633
                email:WFD at enga.bu.edu
Deborah Dempesy,M.A.,CCC-A
Director of Audiology at the Beth Israel Hospital
Boston MA