non-English SRT/WRT

gandalf at infi.net gandalf at infi.net
Fri Mar 7 20:48:15 EST 1997

>I am interested in exploring the use of non-English speech testing -
>speech reception threshold or word recognition tests in audiology. Can
>anyone point me to sources of these tests?

>Thanks,

>David Gooler
>d-gooler at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

I recall a story (perhaps apochryphal) about a Ph.D. candidate who was asked
by one of her dissertation advisors how she had arrived at the Spanish
language discrim list she used for her research. What phonetic balance
criteria did she use to collect the data? She asnswered, "Oh, I just
translated the English words into Spanish."

Good thing she wasn't up for an Au.D.

Michael Ridenhour