Ototoxic monitoring

Jennifer Lantz, MS, CFY/A Jenn.the.audiologist at POSTOFFICE.WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Sun Mar 16 23:02:03 EST 1997

Dear Don,
Send me your snail mail address and I will send you materials on
ototoxicity and monitoring (including one article detailing a lawsuit in
TX where the judge found against a hospital despite lack of standards
for monitoring). I am in the process of setting up a monitoring program
at my hospital. It really helps to pinpoint one department to get your
foot in the door. Talk to some of the doctors to see about their
opinions. Out of six that I contacted, one department in underway for a
program (the cancer center) and another is talking to me (the pediatric
intesnive care unit). Anyhow, I will send you what I can. I have lit
lists on antibiotics and chemo drugs and monitoring in general. One
day I'd like to pursue further study on this topic - can you tell? Just
let me know what you need.

Jennifer Lantz, MS