ototoxic monitoring

Don E Lobelle lobelle at juno.com
Sun Mar 16 23:42:58 EST 1997

I am proposing an ototoxic monitoring program in the hospital at which I
work..   The initial response recieved from the pharmacy department was
disappointing.  Essentially,  they hold that the literature does not
support the need for such programs and that monitoring in their
experience is "over-kill."  I do not accept the implication that
audiologists are over zealous in this matter and so am conducting a
literature search of my own.   If anyone has information, suggestions,
models of successful monitoring programs in similar settings etc.,  I
would appreciate hearing from you.  I can be reached at  Lobelle at Juno.com

Thank you