Ototoxicity-Monitoring in hospital Setting

Dan Lobelle lord_oberon at GEOCITIES.COM
Sat Mar 22 09:33:03 EST 1997

I am attempting to establish some audiology protocols for a proposed
ototoxic monitoring porgram in a hospital setting.  The intial response to
this proposal from our pharmacy department was disappointing.  Essentially,
their position is that the literature does not support the need for
monitoring and that such programs are "over-kill."  I am not prepared to
accept the implication that audiologists are just over zealous in this
matter and so I am doing a literature search of my own.  I would appreciate
any suggestions, models of existing protocols in similar settings, or any
related information that is available.  Please forward to: Lobelle at Juno.com