Research Project on Deafness and Literature

Brian Keith South bks at uclink3.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 27 17:21:20 EST 1997

Greetings Everyone:

My name is Brian South. I am a senior Undergraduate English major
struggling with a paper on Deafness and Literature. I would greatly
appreciate any feedback for the following questions:

1.       How would a deaf person interpret literature intended for audible
readers (the rustling of leaves, the soughing of the wind, rhyme, meter)

A friend suggested that these audible terms can be written in other